- Flu Vaccine available from October 1st, 2018
- Between 10 and 20% of the population contracts influenza each year.
- Influenza causes an average of 20,000 hospitalizations each year. Influenza and its complications cause death of 2 000-8 000 Canadians per year.
- The flu vaccine is the best protection.
- Combined with regular hand washing, the flu vaccine is the best way to protect yourself.
- Each year, a new vaccine adapted with new strains of influenza virus is developed. It is best to get vaccinated against influenza as soon as possible, between the months of October and December, before the number of influenza cases increases in Canada.
- Vaccination is the best protection against the flu and its complications. This vaccine does not protect against colds and respiratory infections caused by other viruses.
Source: Public Health Agency of Canada
New vaccine, for 65 and over:
Fluzone HD Influenza Vaccine
More expensive ($ 85), BUT:
-Approximately 50 million doses distributed in the United States since 2009
==> Reserve your vaccine now
The Travel Health Group offers vaccination against influenza every year in all its clinics.